Can you believe the first month of 2018 is officially over? Time flies. Here at Faith, January was filled with joy and special celebrations …
- We launched our Happy? Series and learned how we can find the abundant life, filled with peace and joy that Jesus promises.
- We welcomed 5 children into God’s family through baptism.
- We welcomed Pastor Rares from Romania and celebrated the powerful ministry at work in Romania and the ways Faith UMC is and will continue to be in partnership with them.
I am excited about February, not because of Valentine’s Day and Presidents Day, but because we will begin the journey towards Easter. On February 14, we will celebrate Ash Wednesday (the official start of Lent), and on February 18 we will begin our new sermon series This is jesUS. I encourage you to come each week to discover and examine and how relationships and interactions with Jesus impacted the lives of those he encountered. This series will take us through the Gospel of Mark.
This Sunday, February 4, 2018, at Faith:
- Scout Sunday
- Souper Bowl of Caring — bring nonperishable food items
- Holy Communion
- Faith’s Leadership Board Meeting @ noon
I look forward to seeing you in worship and celebrating a Souper Bowl of a Sunday with you and all our guests.