Health Kits for Relief Around the World
Faith UMC is joining with United Methodists from all around North Texas to celebrate the 75th anniversary of UMCOR (United Methodist Committee On Relief) by collecting 7,500 Health Kits this spring! Health Kits provide basic necessities to people who have been forced to leave their homes because of human conflict or natural disaster. These kits are sent to communities in our area and around the world.
Please join us in this important effort by donating any or all of the specific items listed below:
** Bring items to the Mission Matters table at Faith on or before May 31, 2015.
- Hand towels – 15 x 25 inches to 17 x 27 inches. Kitchen, cleaning, and microfiber towels not acceptable.
- Combs – Combs need to be sturdy and more than 6 inches long. No pocket combs or picks.
- Bath-size soaps – 3 oz. and larger sizes only. No Ivory or Jergens soap due to moisture content. Do not remove from original packaging.
- Toothbrushes – Adult size only. Do not remove from original packaging.
- Metal nail file or nail clippers. No emery boards.
- Adhesive bandages – Common household Band-Aids, ¾ inch to 1 inch-size.
- Plastic bag – One-gallon size sealable bag only.
- Financial Donations to help cover the cost of toothpaste which is purchased by UMCOR